Tuesday, April 13, 2010
White Cap's Shrimp Salad~Shhhh Don't Tell
If you have ever traveled to Marine Life in Gulfport, Mississippi, you probably ate at White Cap Seafood located on the water just behind Marine Life. Hurricane Katrina destroyed The White Cap, and 5 years later they have reopened in another location. I was lucky enough to get the recipe when they closed after Katrina. This is top secret, follow the recipe exactly.
White Cap's Shrimp Salad
- 5 lbs. boiled peeled shrimp, chopped
- 1 small bunch green onion, chopped
- 5 boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dill relish
- 1 full stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 1 to 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 4 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste.
Mix ingredients except mayonnaise and cream cheese, a scoop or a spoonful at a time and blending thoroughly, then mix a little of each ingredient again until all ingredients except mayo and cream cheese are in salad. Blend 1 cup mayo and cream cheese then add to salad. Add more mayo until a creamy texture is attained. Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with paprika, parsley and tomato wedges if desired. Serves 15 to 20. -