Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Team Lee DeWyze~Idol Chit Chat


If you are Team Lee, please feel free to steal the button!
I can't wait to post this anymore. I have held my squeals and cheers today long enough. Do me a favor though okay? Since some folks haven't seen The Wordless Wednesday post today, and the music is important to the whole post, scroll down to the bottom and pause the player to stop the belly dancing music before proceeding forward.

Everyone performed twice last night since it's down to the final 3. Lee's first song was Simple Man, by Lynrd Skynrd. Lynrd Skynrd is the same to a Mississippi Girl, as Frank Sinatra is to a girl from New York City. It was the contestant's choice first and this is the song Lee chose. He wasn't sure still at this point, he was confident, but still not sure. Somewhere in this room there is a drunk hippie, sceaming, "Play some Skynrd!" You know the one, you've seen him in any ole' bar if you live in the Deep South. By the way if you hang out with the Captain on Sunday with Window Shakers, I almost busted them last night during this one!




Next up was the judge's choice, and Simon Cowell got to pick Lee's song. He picked Hallelujah. At first I thought Oh No, he's screwed. No way he can pull this off. Boy was I wrong...Simon nailed it on this one. Make sure you watch the video all the way to the end. After the crowd's response to this song, he realizes that he's gonna win. He knows it, finally he sees his future forming before his eyes. Watch his father in the crowd how proud of Lee he is. They don't even have to have the finale next week. Ladies and Gentlemen, This is Your Next American Idol. I suspect we'll be jamming with Lee for a long time, me, you, your children, your grandchildren. A paint salesman from Chicago, and American Idol has changed his life! Just what the show is all about!
Amazing....watch this....if you want to stick around it shows clips of all the other performances at the end of this video, but it doesn't matter! Love Crystal, but she was over confident, and the nobody swooped in, and stole it from her.


Love,
The Bumpkin

10 comments:

Anne Lorys said...

That is my absolute favorite song, hands down, nothing else is even close. I hadn't heard this, thanks for posting the clip!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Anne

Jen said...

I saw him perform last night and was just in awe! The guy's pretty cute but more importantly, he's got some maja talent!! I can't wait to see the finale but then again I don't want to... it'll mean Idol is over for the season! :-(

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Hi honey, you and I have been Team Lee for as long as I can remember. He was incredible last night! Our dream is coming true! Now if I could have only hunted him down on my man-chase in Chicago and gotten his phone number (ahem) autograph - it would have been PERFECT!! TEAM LEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! xooxo

Sarah Ring said...

Ok don't be mad... but I haven't watched idol since Kelly Clarkson was on! LOL

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh this show sounds like a great one, that was so funny about window shaking! Go girl.
xoxo

Marcie said...

He is pretty amazing! You have great taste in music.

:) Marcie

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This was truly amazing. When Simon said what he did, I felt tearful. It was thrilling. You called it right, I'm sure. Then again, you always do, Bumpkin!
Hugs,
Robyn

Cheeseboy said...

I am not keeping up on this season, but I liked Lee the second he sang that Simon and Garfunkle song. That was genius. I hope he wins.

Pink Champagne said...

Go Lee! GO LEE! Keeping my fingers crossed that he comes out on top next week...

Sierra said...

I love Lee too and was a bit bummed that my favorite Casey just got booted off, but I think the top two are both great singers! :)