This recipe is quite impressive for afternoon coffee. Perfect for that friend you just die to impress. Pillsbury recipes are some of my favorites. Try this one, you won't be disappointed.
1 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee granules
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
12 chocolate-covered coffee beans or fresh strawberries ( I used the strawberries for the color.)
1 teaspoon cocoa or powdered sugar
1. In 1-quart saucepan, mix 1/4 cup of the whipping cream and the coffee. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture simmers; remove from heat. Using wire whisk, stir in chocolate chips until melted. Stir in vanilla.
2. Pour into medium bowl; cool until room temperature, about 10 minutes. In another medium bowl, beat remaining 3/4 cup whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Refrigerate half (about 3/4 cup) whipped cream for garnish. Fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll dough on work surface; firmly press perforations to seal. Using ruler, push dough into 10x7-inch rectangle. Cut into 24 squares, 6 rows by 4 rows. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. In small bowl, beat egg and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar with fork. Brush on tops of squares.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
5. Just before serving, spoon about 2 tablespoons chocolate mixture on 12 of the crescent squares. Place remaining crescent squares on top. Top each with about 1 tablespoon reserved whipped cream and 1 chocolate-covered coffee bean. Measure 1 teaspoon cocoa into fine mesh strainer. Sift cocoa over tops of puffs.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.