Sunday, May 2, 2010

Because I Think You Need To Know The Truth

It's 6:30am, I have been debating for an hour if I should tell you. You'd never know probably if I didn't, we could all just pretend that it turned out okay. But, I can't hide what this does to our spirits. You are going to hear about it, and I think it's only fair since I've gotten you all involved that I tell you the truth, this is not a good sign for the wishes we have made and the prayers we have prayed.

Dead turtles wash up in Pass Christian
by Donna Melton, Sun Herald Reporter
Dead turtles found at the water’s edge in Pass Christian on Saturday will be studied for a cause of death.
Moby Solangi, head of the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies, said workers searched for 10 turtles reported to have washed ashore, but could recover only six before dusk.
The turtles were taken to the freezer at the Center for Marine Education and Research in Gulfport and would be necropsied Monday to determine what killed them. Solangi said a visual inspection of the turtles did not reveal oily residue.

He said the turtles were found on a half-mile stretch of beach.
“It’s unusual to see this many at one time,” he said.
Workers planned to search for the other turtles today.
Solangi reminds the public not to touch any marine life found dead or injured on Coast beaches. Instead, report the location at 1-888-SOS-DOLPHIN (767-3657).

6 comments:

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh no, I wonder what's going to happen next. It's all so depressing and scary. Thanks for the update though.

Big hugs DJ

Chris said...

Just sick to my stomach, thinking of all the wildlife that will be affected and the long term damage to the entire system.

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

Oh my goodness! This is all just so sad! Yall are in my prayers and I hope this mess gets better soon!

Jen said...

Ugghhhh... this isn't good!! And sadly, I think this might just be the beginning :-( But still I'll pray and send warm thoughts that way. As always... keep us posted!!! I'd never know what was happening if it weren't for you guys!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I know I can always count on the truth when I come here ~ despite how sickening and devastating it maybe...

So saddened by what we have done to our beloved little special wonders of nature.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Tearfulness..Do keep us in-the-know. You are the only REAL source of info we have.
Hugs to you!
Robyn