Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dat Tuesday, Lombardi Gras

Okay this is it, I won't do the Saints thing anymore. Unless it's really, really, good. Promise.

This is such an occasion here that I have used my blog to chronicle all the events, so that my friends and family will have the memories forever.

Regular posting back tomorrow. Pinkie Swear!

My favorite pic of the day!


<


He threw no beads, he had a death grip on the Lombardi, but he blew a million kisses.
My favorite Saint no doubt!



It was freezing. They were out of thier minds freezing, some hid it, some did not!



Look at the people. Unbelievable that many Believed!

The scar on the right side of his face, is twice as bad in person, never thought about it, but it's half covered with makeup on TV.




A little girl had just caught the beads he through her. The women had no discretion (it's a Mardi Gras thing) when it came to Drew. Does look nice in a pair of jeans however. What's that stuffed in his pants? Bet it's gloves, it was freezing!


Okay ladies, to make sure you get it, above and below. 3 Quarterbacks, #9 Drew Brees, #10 Chase Daniel, and #11 (a hottie I didn't know about) Mark Brunell. They put these guys at the top. Simple reason here. They can throw the farthest! Now you get it?




Shockey!!!!!!!!!






Love the shoe, Muses is the all woman parade each year at Mardi Gras!

#23 Pierre Thomas. Great dancer, he was really alot of fun, had the crowd in the palm of his hands.


Have I ever told you guys how insane I get when I see Clydesdales? Like a child, I tell you. I almost thought they were left out of the Super Bowl commercials, but they came through in the end. Did you all see the baby? We usually get to see them in New Orleans at Mardi Gras. You can feel them coming when the parade is rolling, in your feet. I get so excited, it's funny. So now you know what my favorite commercial was, but I also loved, 1-Don't Touch My Mamma, and 2 Don't Touch My Doritos.



Forgot to post this during the welcome home at the airport. He's so cute. Proud he is look at him. How many times in the last few days I have seen believed spelled wrong? Why go to the trouble of making a sign, and not spell checking?






JUST BECAUSE I HAD TO!


Alright Karra Lynn this one's for you.....it's him, it's him #17



Proud owners.....rich one's too. If they only got 1 penny off every shirt I saw. Geez!

Great coat, and eye catcher....


Then like true New Orleans folks, Drew and The Boys hit the bars, Lucy's to be exact, and we finally know what he's saying in the chant that brought the trophy to The Big Easy. He learned this from the Marines in Afghanistan, HOOOO RAHHHHHH!!
Bet they are so proud.

6 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

First of all - OMG those are amazing pictures! You took those? You are my hero! It must have been absolutely awesome to experience that parade. I would have given anything to be there. We watched it on the NFL network but it wasn't quite the same. Also, I am loving the You Tube of Drew Brees @ Lucy's doing the WIN AGAIN chant. I heart him. And Shockey. :)


Also, I left a little something for you on my blog. Check it out when you have a moment xoxoooxo

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh my gosh what an epic post, felt like I was there .... :o

Great job!!

Thank you so much for your comment today, one of the nicest ones I've had.

hugs DJ
ps I've never thought of the button...hmmm

Landlocked Mermaid said...

OH MY favorite Bumpkin! these are awesome! I love it! Congrats to you!! I love your comment on my post too. you can tell your John that i have been booty camping from the comfort of my couch. It is awful here! But I've been channeling you and cooking up a storm. Please save me and let's get on that swing and have some warm breezes take us away!! Love you xoxo

Lara said...

Way to go! This is an awesome post and the pictures are wonderful. I wanted to pass on quite an important fact about one of your pics. In the pic with Shockey, that i do love, is Deuce McAllister #26, the NO Saints leading rusher of ALL TIME and part of our proud Ole Miss family. He was injured this year and decided to retire because his knees have finally failed him but he is loved so much by his teammates, the Saints organization, and the city that he has been honorary captain and remained on their roster all year. He may also be joining the organization in a business role after this season. Amazing impact he has made on the Saints, their fans and the people of NO. Just wanted to give him his due props. Love reading your blog and so glad I met you on here. Take care, Lara

MCW said...

Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah Ring said...

I wish I was in NOLA right now!