Saturday, February 21, 2009

We Interrupt This Blog To Bring You Mardi Gras!

When you see this...Better get your hands up high!

The Bumpkin may be missing for a day or two, I will be here if you need me! Although, no promises on being in the best condition for any emergencies:)

Mardi Gras is here, and Fais Do Do (translation is Cajun Throw Down, pronounced as faye-dough-dough) is in full swing. Last night was our hometown nighttime Mardi Gras parade, and tomorrow it's off to the Big Easy. The night parades are always the best, because of all the lights of course. It was my small town's first night parade, and they were some things that will have to be worked out, including the route. The floats couldn't make the narrow turns, the police were over-zealous, but a good time was had by The Back Porch Royalty. Tomorrow I'll get to see Val Kilmer(Oh Ice Man!) as The King of Bacchus, and today Kid Rock is the King of Endymion. The celebrities are always around during Mardi Gras, may even catch a glimpse of Bradgelina, they have a house on the parade route. If you have never been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, you must put it on your bucket list! Just two things to tell you if you do. Leave all valuables at home, and Hurricanes make you puke, other than that just wing it, and have a blast. I'll have My Marine to protect me, and we know the safest places to go, no tourist stops for us, we hang with the locals at the corner of Royal and Frenchman Streets.
The costumes of Mardi Gras are outrageous, and The Bumpkin and My John will be clicking away to share with all of you.
Are any of you old enough to remember a band called Larue that sang the song "New Orleans Ladies?" This is one of The Bumpkin's favorite songs, and when us Cajun Belles here it, we all pause, and shine! I've been singing it all day. What a wonderful life we live here in the deep south, maybe next year some of you can join us. The Bumpkin has 2 extra beds! Must love dogs though!
Have a great weekend everybody!
Love,
The Bumpkin

9 comments:

Surf Girl said...

Girl, I am soooo jealous! Have a great time. I'm baking king cakes for all the neighbors this weekend and jambalaya for my hubby tomorrow night. Can you believe my one neighbor didn't even know what a king cake was???
Have a great time!!!

Baroness Bijoutery said...

It has been so long..wish I was there just one more time. Enjoy it for all of us..

Cas said...

I can't wait to see photos! My son is there for the first time...I'll admit I was a tad bit of a nervous mama all weekend : )

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

ugh! i wanna go home for mardi gras!!! have a great time!!!

emily mccarthy { designer } said...

It looks like SO much fun! I've never been before so hopefully one of these days!

Housewife Savant said...

Today is Tuesday. Are you feeling fat (and happy)?
Speaking for all your faithful readers; we've missed you (and envied you) and can't wait to hear all about it.

Candace said...

Wish I was there! I'm a Louisiana native transplanted to Kansas. I haven't been to Mardi Gras in five years, but I agree that it should be on everyone's bucket lists.

I hope you have a grand time!

This is my first trip to your blog, but I'll definitely stop by again. Feel free to visit me any time! :)

Josh and Tiff said...

You have been TAGGED with the Honest Scrap Award

Housewife Savant said...

I hate seeing
Bumpkin on a Swing
-four days ago
on my blog sidebar. Miss you [peep].