Sweet Simply Taylored, has given me a Blog Award. She's a fellow Mississippian, and a single mom just starting her own business.
Thank you dear sweet Simply!
Now that I have been chosen, I must choose 5 bloggers that I feel should receive the Blog award.
I must list 10 things about myself that you probably do not know
I must post a quote
Post award using a direct link to the person who chose me.
Here are my five picks!
The Housewife Savant~ She's keeping it real stop over and meet Kelly! I'm her peep!
Savannah Redtop~ Great style, and recipes from the "smack your mamma" good cook capital of the world.
EJ & Roo Said I do~I love it when EJ slips a blog in on Roo! See the inauguration post! Plus these guys are Bears fans, that's worth an award by itself.
Sweet Tea In A Pink Glass~ Another Mississippi Girl, (confidential to Pink Glass...Are you ready? Hell yes! Damn Right! Hotty Toddy, Gosh almighty Who in the hell are we - Hey Flim Flam, Bim Bam Ole Miss By Damn!) To the rest of you that ignored the Confidential: OLE MISS FANS ARE VERY DEDICATED TO PUT IT MILDLY!
Preppy Bumpkin~It's a bumpkin thing!
So here are my ten things:
1. My John and I, led the first team of animal rescuers (us & 20 vet techs from the Animal Welfare League of Chicago that John solicited for help) into New Orleans after Katrina. The animals had been without food and water for almost 9 days. You probably saw them stuck on the rooftops and balconies on the news. Don't worry we got em' (a wink at you and wonderful feeling in my chest)! About 160 scared, scared, scared dogs and cats.
2. I absolutely DETEST whistling, yet John does this regularly and he knows.
3. The walls of our Master Bedroom and the tractor in the back yard are the exact same color. You got it! John Deere Green. This happened while I was at work one day, I hated it, but it is growing on me.
4. I am horrified of lizards and frogs, but not snakes.
5. Big Love is my favorite TV show.
6. My secret boyfriend is Toby Keith.
7. I am addicted to Dunkin Donuts coffee, but have never been to or even seen a Dunkin Donuts.
8. My John, and I are wholeheartedly committed to the rehabilitation of injured, and the conservation of all Sea Turtles.
9. The Bumpkin has been laid off since September due to the economy, but have made great money parting off My John's 1959 DeSoto Fireflite on Ebay, plus that hunk of junk (that was actually worth far more than I ever dreamed of) is almost gone from my back yard.
10. On my first trip to Chicago (2005 age 36), I stood at an intersection for 15 minutes, wondering how I was ever going to be able to cross the street, before someone said, "Did you push the button?"
Button? What Button? Can you say B-U-M-P-K-I-N? (We don't have buttons in Mississippi, you risk it when you think it's safe.)
And here's my quote, I'm so glad that you stayed to the end of these Bumpkin ramblings, because this is a really good quote.
Charm is a glow, within a woman, that casts a most becoming light on others.~John Mason Brown.