Friday, February 6, 2009

Easy Pleasy Spicy and Cheesy!

tabasco Pictures, Images and Photos



My friends are headed down this way for the big Mardi Gras party tomorrow, and the Bumpkin is cleaning and cooking, but I didn't want to forget my new blog friends in all the hoopla!

Here is a quick party recipe that you can throw together in a flash, and please a crowd.

Ingredients:

2/3 jar of Tabasco Hot Pepper Jelly (which you can buy on any jelly aisle south of the Mason Dixon, for the rest of you, you can order it here)
1 8oz bar of Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese
Ritz or any butter crackers

Spread the hot pepper jelly over the bar of cream cheese, serve with crackers.

It turns out really pretty, and tastes great! Trust the Bumpkin on this one!
It's sweet, spicy (but not really hot), and creamy.

I usually buy the red one, but the green is great for St. Patrick's Day.
To make it a little tangy, put a layer of champagne jelly first then the Tabasco jelly!

I'm spending the evening with the REAL HOUSEWIVES OF WILLOW GROVE.
Wait to you meet these ladies, you are gonna love em'

Now did I tell you this one was easy or what? I love recipes with layers of taste.

Have a great weekend!

Love,

The Bumpkin

5 comments:

emily mccarthy { designer } said...

Hey! LOVE your blog! Funny my dad was looking at blogs with me and he's coming your exact way next week working with Square Feet Ministry for Homes! What a small world!

Josh and Tiff said...

I've tried pepper jelly with cream cheese and crackers. It's one of my favorites! It's DELISH!

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

We eat this ALL the time!

Housewife Savant said...

This wasn't meant to be food-related, but I've got to say this sounds real yummy. Since I'm Atkins Savant, I could eat...the CHEESE.
I must confess I keep a Food Log of "Stuff I Plan to Eat" when I:
A.) fall off the wagon,
B.) go on vacation, and/or
C.) make a pig of m'self at holiday time.
Seriously.
I'm putting THIS on my list cuz I'm southern now.
You're so sweet.
A thousand yards from the Gulf? I would SO like to plant my flat, Yankee rear in your swing!
FYI I mean that in the best Get-Comfy-With-My-New-Blogging-Bud-kinda way, not as any sort of untoward lesbian innuendo! =)
That would be bad.

Wendy said...

I love pepper jelly on cream cheese...it is so addictive!