Friday, July 17, 2009

5:00-24-7

Did any of you watch the Today show this morning? Lucy Buffet a famous cook from my neck of the woods, was featured. Lucy's brother refers to her as Lulu. About an hour and fifteen minutes from the swing is one of my favorite places. Lulu's Homeport in Gulf Shores, Alabama. I've made my way there a time or two. Can't swear that I remember leaving, but I do recall some good times there.
Click here, to learn all about it. Don't miss the gifts and t-shirts you can purchase online, it's everyday coastal wear 'round here ya'll.

Now if you haven't caught on yet, by the title, Lucy Buffet is Jimmy's crazy sista, and she just came out with her own "Crazy Sista's Honey Ale" to match his Landshark. Do you all have Landshark where you live?

At Lulu's Jimmy is referred to as Bubba, and when he is in the house he drinks a mixture of 5 exoctic tequilas, and that's it, he occasionally buys one for the house too. Wooo wee...easy on that one ya'll. Makes it a little tough to stay between the navigational beacons. Here they are! He's getting old, hell we all are.

Lulu's is a busy place, but has a huge bar, so pull up a stool. Best pina colada east of the swing.
,
The approaching view.....you commoners can also drive there. This is a joke around the Redneck Riveria. Both sides of the highway along the Gulf of Mexico have condo's. Some beach side, and some on the intracoastal waterways. The joke is that the commoners cross the road to the beach, and drive to Lulu's. Of course the condos on the beach, are twice the price of the ones that are across the street. Oh, and by the way, that pavement is hot as hell in July, will even burn the side of your feet while wearing flip flops. This I know from experience. That's right The Bumpkin crosses the street:)

So in case you missed it this morning, here is my favorite recipe featured.
In the deep south, some like it hot!


Screaming Easy Wild Shrimp Wasabi
Serves 4 to 6

INGREDIENTS


• 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
• 1/4 cup beer (use Landshark© beer and drink the rest while cooking)
• 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
• 2 pounds large headless shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
• 1//2 teaspoon course sea salt
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
• Lime slices for garnish

DIRECTIONS
1. Combine wasabi powder, beer and horseradish. Set aside.

2. Peel and de-vein shrimp, leaving tails intact.

3. Place a cast iron skillet over high heat. When it begins to smoke, add shrimp. Shake skillet and toss or stir shrimp for 15 seconds or until they just begin to turn pink.

4. Add salt, wasabi mixture and butter. Stir quickly, turning shrimp for another 15 seconds, then cover tightly and remove from heat. Let shrimp rest for 5 minutes.

5. Add cilantro, stir once, and cover again. Wait another 5 minutes.

6. Garnish with lime slices and serve immediately.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

5 comments:

Jennifer T said...

one of my favorite songs!!!

Wacie's Way said...

I love Lulu's!! When I am visiting my friend in Mobile, we always hit Lulu's!

Doodle Bugs said...

I am a huge fan of LuLu's.. and I eat the Cheeseburger in Paradise every time! its amazing.. and the key lime pie is to die for!

Tara Gibson said...

i LOVE lulus! The atmosphere is awesome and i had my first loaded shark there : )

Surf Girl said...

That is one of the places on my "must go" list. They wrote it up in Coastal Living and I swore I would get there eventually!!