Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Paula Deen~I Love Your More Than Dumplings


Krispy Kreme Bread Puddin'
Only in the South!
INGREDIENTS:
2 dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
2 (4.5 ounce) cans fruit cocktail (undrained)
2 eggs, beaten
1 (9 ounce) box raisins
1 pinch salt
1 or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Butter Rum Sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cube donuts into a large bowl. Pour other ingredients on top of donuts and let soak for a few minutes. Mix all ingredients together until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible. Bake for about 1 hour until center has jelled. Top with Butter Rum Sauce.

Butter Rum Sauce

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
Rum, to taste (This does not mean a little rum to drink while you are making the puddin', save some for the sauce.)

Melt butter and slowly stir in confectioners' sugar. Add rum and heat until bubbly. Pour over each serving of Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding.
Now this Ladies, is really Thigh Voo-Doo at it's best!
Love,
The Bumpkin

29 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

Oh for SHUT THE F UP!

Save me now.

Can I come over when you make this? How about just shipping me some?

Anastasia Schembri said...

Wow, I am speechless! I have died and gone to heaven. That Paula Deen should be sainted!

Splenderosa said...

How dare you post anything containing 2 dozen Krispy Kreme Donuts?

Charlotte said...

love me some PD!!!!!!

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite recipes from the Divine Paula Deen. So yummy!!

Poppies and Sunshine said...

Oh my goodness! Krispy Kreme doughnuts IN bread pudding?! This sounds like it's to die for. Wow!

Autumn said...

I just gained 10 lbs reading that recipe.

Gorgeous Glam said...

o-m-g!! That lady just blows my mind! My mouth is watering!!!

Cheryl said...

That looks so delicious, it's all I can do not to drool over my keyboard right now!

Salt said...

Oh my goodness are you kidding me!? My teeth hurt from looking at it, but holy cow does that sound DELICIOUS.

Sole Matters said...

omg, my ex jason made that for me once. ugggghhhh it was GOOD!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG this must be a calorie bomb! Well who cares. I just LOVE condensed milk (I have it on strawberries, ha!) so I think I would quite like this...

Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

You did NOT just post this! Oh Bumpkin, how I missed you and LOVE coming back to read this! If onlyyy I lived in the US and had Krispy Kreme... looks like a trip down south is in order!!!

xxMK
Delightful Bitefuls

Leah said...

OMG This looks so yummy! I must try!

Geisslein said...

oh yummy, can I eat this NOW?! immediately I´m hungry... ;o)
by the way: Yes, I´m crossing my fingers too! Have a lovely day today!

melifaif said...

The thigh voo doo is the 2 dozen krispy kreme donuts - all.on.their.own. Don't go blamin; the bread pudding! lol.

georgia ~ gi gi said...

Yum, Bumpkin Babe! No wonder the Capt. loves you!
Smoochies
gi gi

this free bird said...

i'm gonna go jump out the window! gluten has ruined mah life! SHOOT ME NOW>>>IWANNATASTETHISSOBAD!!

paula deen for president

xo-carrie

MCW said...

Holy hell.

Nicki said...

OMG. I've been craving doughnuts for DAYS. This is making my craving so much stronger! Your bread pudding looks delicious!

Stephanie said...

No freakin' way!! So very Paula!!

Lori said...

Holy crap Lisa ~ I am drooling here!! Paula Deen sure knows how to make your arteries scream ~ doesn't she!!

I'maNolaGirl said...

The reactions to this recipe are hysterical! I said to myself just what Mrs. Potts started out with. This looks too good to be true!

Anonymous said...

Looks so good! Too bad I'm on a diet :(

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

WORD! I adore her and all the delicious vittles she fixes!

Paris Pastry said...

OH MY GOD!! If only I could find Krispy Kreme over here...

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Oh please send some to me, it's my birthday tomorrow. Hehehe. This looks sooooooooooooo gooooood!

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

OMG.. that's how 10000000 calories must look like! :D
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

Tara Gibson said...

holy shnikies! there is NO way that is not good